Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Merci Henry!

Henry
Former Barça player, Thierry Henry, is calling it a career after 20 years as a professional footballer. His three seasons with the club saw him score 49 goals and win 7 titles. Merci Henry for those three memorable seasons!

The 37 year old Henry announced on his Facebook page today his retirement from professional football.  

After 20 years in the game I have decided to retire from professional football. It has been an incredible journey and I would like to thank all the fans, team mates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and of course the French National Team that have made my time in the game so special. 
It is now time for a different career path and I am pleased to say that I will be returning to London and joining Sky Sports. I will hopefully share some of the insights, observations and experiences I have learnt over the years with you guys. 
I have had some amazing memories (mostly good!) and a wonderful experience.
I hope you have enjoyed watching as much as I have enjoyed taking part.
See you on the other side...
Henry’s career spanned 20 years where he played for Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal, FC Barcelona, and NY Red Bulls. He came over from Arsenal to Barça in Frank Rijkaard’s last season as Barça manager. The following season, under Pep Guardiola, Barça won the treble where Henry was part of the attacking trio consisting of Messi, Henry and Eto’o. 2009 Henry also was part of the same team that won all 6 cups in one calendar year. Overall, Henry lifted the UEFA Champions League, two Spanish League titles, the Copa del Rey, the Supercopa, UEFA Super Cup, and the FIFA World Club Cup.

Henry featured in 121 matches and scores 49 times with his most memorable performance against Real Madrid in the 2-6 victory where he scored a brace during the treble season. In my opinion, he is a Barça legend and will forever be remembered for contributing to the team treble and six cups Barça team. Merci Henry!

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment